So you fall in love. They are great, you enjoy each other, and you are good friends. You become serious and maybe move in together or become exclusive or make plans to marry.
Then things arise. Could be small, could be large, but like that pebble in your shoe, you can’t ignore it. You do the right thing – you talk to them. You ask for it to change in a way that works for you. You cannot reach them. You keep trying. You fail.
So what do you do? You try very hard to make it work and it does not. Face it. You can’t fix them. If you lack confidence, ask your friends, etc. if your requests are unusual or harsh. Get some backup. Then….do what you must. You must move on.
You will hurt from this deeply as you wished and wanted soo much more. And if its crazy stupid love, well, hold on for turbulence ahead. But keep going. Never stop.
You have value. You are important. You will be an amazing unique partner to some lucky person. You deserve happiness. No one will ever hand this to you. You must be grateful each day. You must be externally focused. Never lose sight of this. You can’t fix them.
New Year. New hope. New promises to keep. So we think of things we want to do. We hope and we dream.
But what do we do about it? Not tomorrow, or next week. Today. Now.
Keep your promises to yourself first and then keep promises to others. Set a plan. Get up early and work late. Don’t ever stop.
Will this be easy? Hell no but its the best you got. Work as hard today as you can and hope for another day.
All we really have is now. Use it. Change your life and help others. Dont back off or back down. Fight for what you want because no one else will.
Be well. Work hard. Be kind. Never stop.
Today dawn burns bright. Today I always have choices. They may seem small Today but what ripples do they send out?
Today I Will:
1. Live fully in the moments that present themselves
2. Extend kindness regardless of the response
3. Defend myself from the ugliness outside and take steps to minimize the ugly in our lives
4. Work hard at what we do. Your purpose, your relationships, your goals
5. Never stop – our time is limited. Our possibilities are not.
6. Make wrongs right. We all make mistakes.
7. Smile. 6 feet above > 6 feet under
8. Love. There are people, places and things who love you. Love them back. You are number 1 on this list.
9. Accept. Let the past blow into eternity. Take today and start building new tomorrows.
Today. Not tomorrow – Today.